Down deep in Texas: The View from Waco

See this really smart guy in Texas--I also just posted a comment--he's right about Lyndon Johnson AND about FDR. . . Nobody would really like it if the truth about FDR and Truman, etc. was really played out fully.

Here is the text of my comment, for convenience:

Very well done, indeed. I'm wondering how well they are going to document Organized Crime assistance in electing FDR--yes! He may very well have been the first in a string of Dem politicos to have been "mobbed" into power. . .or at least given that extra. . ."push over the edge".

The mob became "educated" in their power in Presidential races when the Democratic National Convention was held in Chicago during 1932. The mob ultimately was courted (Frank Costello from NYC was sort of the messenger for this) by both Al Smith and Franklin Roosevelt. . .the killers ultimately swung in with FDR after the politician swore he would taper off a serious mob investigation under way in New York State.

Ultimately, the mob was double-crossed by FDR. And they figured a way out to make the point to Roosevelt, without actually assasinating him. . . .they killed the mayor of Chicago while FDR was within sight of him.

FDR was about a hundred yards or so away from mayor Anton Chermak when Giuseepe Zangara (a presumed mafia hit-man having come from Sicily, become a bootlegger and then heavily in debt due to gambling. . .) shot Cermak while he and FDR were on a political tour of the South.

I personally think, although even Gus Russo in his astounding history of Chicago O.C., "The Outfit--The Role of Chicago's Underworld in the Shaping of Modern America",doesn't state that this was a plan to teach FDR anything. . .It almost seems too convenient: Here are the two people that the mob feels have really betrayed them. . .backstage at an event. . .and ONE of them is killed.

Anyway, nice website. I hope you will visit mine. Unfortunately, I don't really have a single, solid posting philosophy. Some posts are about my fun musical endeavors, or about my work with the Calif. Academic Decathlon, or about political doings and my thoughts. . .it's a little mutlifarious, I guess.

But then, I don't post enough to actually run three weblogs. . .

Oh well, very good stuff on yours. . .I'll most likely bookmark.

BACK TO BLOGGING:

El Camino Real High School won the USAD (US Academic Decathlon , the national version of this competition for all the United States). They scored very closely to their ending score in the CA state version (49,XXX in both. . .very close!).

Marvin will most likely be back Monday and I'll finish up my last week of work over at this, the best job I've had in years and years.

TROMBONE:

I played a great gig on Saturday. My next post will be photos of the set up at former MGM studios (now called Sony Pictures studio. . .yeesh!). This was an LA Philharmonic fundraiser on the lot with Monty Hall conducting the all-important auction. . .AND Mickey Rooney and his wife singing in front of our Band! This was a real hoot. Rooney feels about the same way as I do about the state of modern musical composition. It sucks so bad it's not funny. . .

His wife kicks it with her singing. She's great. . .Rooney wasn't bad at all. He seems to never get much older. . .he's incredible and naturally compelling to look at and listen to. Bless him and her, they are great.

Danny DeLurgio did a great job putting this thing together. I hope to do many more gigs with Danny. He deserves to do well with his singing. He's got taste and he has style, etc.

We'll see. I'll try and help when and where I can.

Chris

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you!
[url=http://hzxueegp.com/xjvn/kgca.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://evvboovh.com/eliq/amdz.html]Cool site[/url]
Anonymous said…
Well done!
http://hzxueegp.com/xjvn/kgca.html | http://mndxkyqf.com/mbkk/rbvx.html

Popular posts from this blog

So I am busying myself with Music and Computing

Stay Tuned for Web Dev Stuff

More and more music ... seems to be a whirlwind