Lots Going On

I'm just barely managing to find to time to update. . . I've had a busy few days. I had to deal with rain-related problems yesterday and over the weekend, I had a couple of interesting things going on. . .

Sunday, Dick Nash hosted the annual jam session for Jeannie Moody. This has been going on for roughly thirty years. The jam is at Ms. Moody's house right on the beach at Playa Del Rey. . on her back porch facing the water. Dick sets up PA equipment and plays his always delightful jazz trombone.

This year, I thought I had a gig Sunday night and could not spend very much, if any time, at the Moody jam. I was wrong. The gig was on Saturday. I got a call at 6pm on Saturday, from Susan Kay Wyatt, singer with the Jack Lantz band. Turns out the date had been mistated earlier in emails and I had not picked up the change to Saturday from the discussion in emails. Oddly, myself and one other player in the band had been discussing a supposed conflict with a, now-cancelled gig on Sunday earlier. This player finally figured out that the gig was on Saturday and sent an email to the effect of wanting to clear up which day it was. . .but I didn't pick up on the idea that it was SATURDAY. . .

Anyway, the gig went well after my race over to La Canada, and Sunday was great fun playing jazz and hanging, with my trombone idol, Dick Nash. . . .Only in Hollywood. . .land of dreams. . .

One thing I'm finding out. . not to any surprise, mind you. . .is that Ted Nash (the younger) is doing very well in NYC. He is friends with Wynton Marsalis and is doing quite a bit in the jazz scene over there. He is a deserving artist. Very talented and dedicated. Apparently, Bill Nash, Dick's younger son also is doing well making guitars and playing music. What a family!

Doing at least a few gigs or rehearsals a week right now, so the chops are pretty good. . .hope to keep on. . keeping on.

Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I am busying myself with Music and Computing

Stay Tuned for Web Dev Stuff

More and more music ... seems to be a whirlwind