M-Audio MicroTrack

I picked up the M-Audio Compact Flash recorder this week and I tried a scratch recording of a rehearsal last night. This was late, after the horns left, so all I was getting was an electric guitar player going over tunes with another musician. The sound seemed pretty good. I could detect my gum chewing sound and the interface was pretty obvious. I have looked for reviews on a Google of the device and have found some people are unhappy. Looks like those folks are expecting too much, however. There is a concern about the ability of the thing to put out ONLY 30 volts for phantom power. I was wondering about that, since it seemed that the phantom powering would detract from the battery time, anyway. My Rode stereo mic allows for a nine volt battery to be popped into the body, and that will be the way I will go when using the Rode.

I'm looking forward to getting some music recorded this week, and I'll come back and discuss the results once I've recorded.

LAST WEEKEND:

I had recorded the gig with Danny DeLurgio at a dance this weekend. Got the combo doing "Sophisticated Lady" and some other standards. This was with the Rode stereo mic, thru the M-Audio "pre" and into the HP laptop. Since this is getting to be a bit heavy to carry around, I'm looking forward to the truly tiny M-Audio MicroTrack. This could be carried in your pocket.

Chris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I am busying myself with Music and Computing

Stay Tuned for Web Dev Stuff

More and more music ... seems to be a whirlwind