I will be working heavily at the California Academic Decathlon during Thurs., Fri., Sat. and Sun. March 10, 11, 12 & 13. I will be acting as photographer for this year's event. There should be some very good photo ops. . .We have hundreds of students competing. . .their family and friends will be there. . .there is the whole scene at the venues (Beverly Hills HS, UCLA Pauley Pavillion and the LAX Marriott).

This year CAD is having corporate sponsors help defray the costs. . We've got backing from Leonard Green & Partners L.P (a Los Angeles based investment firm specializing in buyouts, restructuring and similar financings), ALL Student Loan, also based in LA., one of the largest originators of student loans.

I'm truly excited having worked for several months at CAD, but having never participated in the annual testing, "decathlon" event. I know I will be busy, but that is part of the fun. Being a natural "ham", as are many musicians, I'm comfortable being in front of thousands of people in big halls like Pauley. . .but I will need to concentrate. I'm only moderately skilled in photography (maybe heavy intermediate would be a more apt description).

I will try and get either a tripod or a mono pod to use for this one. I had blurring problems in my Canada photos due to the long shutter times that came from low light situations. Existing light photography generally looks better to me than photos taken with the small flash units typically attached to the digi cameras like mine.

The camera is a Olympus model C700 UZ. A 2.1 megapixel 10x optical zoom unit. This should be sufficient for digital photo use on the website. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes open.

This should be fun, nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I am busying myself with Music and Computing

Stay Tuned for Web Dev Stuff

More and more music ... seems to be a whirlwind