Grant HS Reunion

Boy. . .I don't know if I should go to the thirtieth year reunion for U.S. Grant High, in Van Nuys. I guess I'm paranoid that someone I thought was a dope back in school will now be a billionaire and will make me feel just a few inches tall. . .

Also, I just got the news a week or two ago that John Voland died. That makes me very sad and reminds me again how much time has passed by since we all were in Grant High during the 1970s. Yeah. . ."Rock and Roll High School". . .hrrmph.

I see Artie Simon is on the committee for the reunion. That's a good thing. Artie is/was cool. I remember doing something musical where he was involved. And that was not THAT long ago (based upon the way my memory is now working it was probably twenty years ago!).

I'll probably go. You know, At least I have a suit and a tux and all that. Who knows the thing might be OK.

Michele has the house looking really nice out in front. She and her buddy Richard from work have been really working on the flower beds and have trimmed everything back. Now, all we really need to do is to remove this "orchid tree" thing. The season now, is for all these pods to open up and spit out tons of cotton. . .along with the seeds. What a drag having to run around each day and pick up cotton off the front yard.

I finally figured out that April is a potentially very stressful month for me. . .traditionally. Mom died during April. . .my birthday comes and goes. . .and I had the cat die this April. . .found out about Voland. Just a step away from depression or elation . . .that's what April seems to be about. Not the steadiest of platforms.

Well, now we are in May and the fools are out protesting something. . .NOT the real issue, mind you, but something anyway. Laura Ingraham was coaching today for everybody to go out and shop and go to work, etc. Even though I shopped Sunday, I still need to get memory for the PC. . so I will be over at Fry's standing in line returning memory modules "part deux" and getting something better. Maybe I'll just get a single 512 meg stick and try to mactch it to my existing Corsair XMS memory (higher caliber memory from this company). So part one was accidentally getting "single channel" memory. . .part two was getting "value" line Corsair. Next is "price is no object" type memory.

From the intermittent workings of Win XP with the 1.5 gig memory, I'd say Win XP is much better with lots of memory. I hope to have this settled soon.

Friday I'm off to the Desert for a gig. I'll see Bob Galleotti and others I've not seen in a while, so maybe it will be fun. Looking forward to a leisurely trip out. Will be starting really early.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

So I am busying myself with Music and Computing

Stay Tuned for Web Dev Stuff

More and more music ... seems to be a whirlwind