Lots of recordings to master. . .

Eventually I'll have some MP3 up here or up on the CRT home page. The dates with tape roll recorded so far are:

1 club date with House Arrest, an R&B and Top 40 "horn band"
2 dance at Alpine with John Peace
3 Night club big band show of Jack Lantz Orch
4 Brass Quintet rehearsal at Larry Lippold's
5 Reharsal band with Bob Couto on Thurs nite (2 of these)
6 Rehearsal with Leroy Lovett group

This makes for an eclectic mix of me playing trombone in pretty decent groups.

Out of any eight or ten tunes, maybe half are really pretty cool. Of course the micing is a little odd at times, but everything gets picked up. I'm using the PZM mics I've had for years. Going into a laptop and recording on "Audacity", a free DAW software.

Anyway, I've put raw masters down of about eight tunes onto MP3. . .should I just post them? . . . . .

Most of these tunes are cool arrangements by jazz greats like Buddy Rich band, Maynard Ferguson, Quincy Jones, or somebody like that. But these raw "airchecks" just don't appear commercially valuable to me. They are more like "home" photos.

I think people will get a kick out of "hearing" the life of an itinerant jazz trombonist unfold as they click on various MP3 files. So now, where will I post these files? I'll have to research that. .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I am busying myself with Music and Computing

Stay Tuned for Web Dev Stuff

More and more music ... seems to be a whirlwind