We Don't Have a Very Loong Memory. . .but that HORSE!!!

I distinctly remember The Church Lady. . . I used to laugh my Conservative A** (as in Jawbone of an Ass) off everytime I heard the sketch. . . .(Click on the Link above to go to another Blog covering Laura Bush fall out!)

Somehow, I'd rather that our most respected political officer holders never had anything distasteful happen. . . BUT, I'm not about to assume that such control can be had. . .The horrible truth about George and Laura Bush is:

THEY ARE HUMAN!

Oh, no! We elected a human being, with all those flaws. . . .maybe just like King David, he is flawed. . .well?

Yeah, so what?

All these idiots like well, like a whole lot of folks. . .I don't want to be too specific, because a few weeks from now you folks won't even remember the entire incident. . . .should try and remember that everybody who enters a church is:

A SINNER!

That's what the religious officials say. . . .

This link is pretty good on this stuff. . . I'm not really a South Park Conservative, whatever that really is. . .(I've never watched South Park. . .in fact I've suceeded in ignoring the entirety of commercial mainstream TV for the last ten or twelve years, maybe even more. . .no Seinfeld, no Friends, none of that bullsh*t). But, I am one who loves Jesus, and yet can't help but laugh at virtually any decent dirty joke. . .what the heck is the band going to do while waiting to go on? Sit and pray? No, I do that right before I put the trombone to my lips.

The Llama Butchers (do they taste any good?. . .I know the alpaca wool is pretty cool. . ) site is pretty good at covering the varied opinions regarding Laura Bush's less-than-adviseable stint at "standup".

If it were me writing the thing, I'd have removed the end line from the "milking the horse" thing. . .after all, You are likely to get a laugh just from the point where you say "horse. . ."

Also, I'd have tried pretty hard to find some other way to make the ladies appear more human, than to get over a Chippendale's joke. . .that place just isn't that funny. . .maybe I would have had Laura running into all the other ladies at a fan club meeting for that Italian model guy with the long hair and muscles, who is on the covers of all the Romance Novels. . .whatsisname? You need complete and utter absurdity on your side on these things. . . .

I haven't been posting here in a while. . .I'm sorry. I've been working on recording various rehearsals and gigs. So now I've gotten tape rolling on the following:

Two rehearsals at Bob Couto's house. This is big band with really great LA style cool arranging

One gig at Alpine with John Peace (just first two sets). Dance sets, with fairly standard arrangements. Good Sintra-eske vocals by Danny DeLurgio. . .and you can hear some positive audience reaction to the whole thing.

One quintet rehearsal with Larry Lippold--real good players but were a little fuzzy at first. . .

One rehearsal with Leroy Lovett. . .Janey's tunes sound good, she's way in the background, but those arrangements are among Lee's best.

One gig with House Arrest in Bombay Bar and Grill in Ventura, some of the time the mic got accidentally placed on the subwoofer, so there is a metal vibrating sound.

One gig at Frank and Dean's with Jack Lantz Orch--this came off pretty good. Tpts sounded not bad and we had a good bone section, sax section, etc. every thing going pretty good. . .mic'ed near the bass bone and bari sax. . .you hear a lot of lows out of the horns.

Maybe I can make several MP3 files up and post them on my main personal website. I'm hoping to get the new CSS based front page up quite soon.

Chris Tune

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So I am busying myself with Music and Computing

Stay Tuned for Web Dev Stuff

More and more music ... seems to be a whirlwind